Monday, February 25, 2008

Dearest Savior

You hem me in behind, before,
When I unravel at the seams;
You know my inmost secret thoughts,
My hidden fears and dreams.
You pray for me with words and groans
I cannot comprehend.
And when I fall flat on my face,
You pick me up… again.

Your kindness leads me to repent
From sin and be restored.
You promise to renew my strength
As I wait upon You, Lord.
You show Your mercy day by day,
Give grace for every hour.
Your judgments, they are true and sure.
Your name is my strong tower.

Your greatness is immeasurable,
O Glory beyond compare!
Yet You call me Your “beloved,
Daughter, sister, heir.”
You are my Shepherd, Savior, Shield,
My Righteousness and Truth.
My Joy, my Hope, my Great Reward,
My Prince of Peace, my Groom.

O Sovereign Lord, in whom I find
My deepest longings filled,
Grant to me a tender heart,
A steadfast mind, a broken will.
Turn my gaze toward the cross
And fix my eyes on Christ,
The Author and Perfecter of
Everlasting life.